TBMRCFG.EXE Unable to save the configuration

Deal Sir,
We run tbmrcfg.exe in windows 2012 R2 server,and we got following error message :
[I]: GetProductType : sVersion = “7.2.2”
[I]: GetProductType : sFolder = “Cristie TBMR”
[I]: GetProductType : sProductGuid = “{B726EBBB-99C1-4173-9330-ECEEF7A8B832}”
[I]: wmain : sProductGuid = “{B726EBBB-99C1-4173-9330-ECEEF7A8B832}”
[I]: wmain : sProductName = “TBMR”
[I]: wmain : Running as Admin user
[I]: LogPrivileges : sPrivilegesHeld = “SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege, SeMachineAccountPrivilege, SeSecurityPrivilege, SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege, SeLoadDriverPrivilege, SeSystemProfilePrivilege, SeSystemtimePrivilege, SeProfileSingleProcessPrivilege, SeIncreaseBasePriorityPrivilege, SeCreatePagefilePrivilege, SeBackupPrivilege, SeRestorePrivilege, SeShutdownPrivilege, SeDebugPrivilege, SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege, SeChangeNotifyPrivilege, SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege, SeUndockPrivilege, SeManageVolumePrivilege, SeImpersonatePrivilege, SeCreateGlobalPrivilege, SeIncreaseWorkingSetPrivilege, SeTimeZonePrivilege, SeCreateSymbolicLinkPrivilege”
[I]: wmain : wucWinDrive = ‘C’
[I]: wmain : No BOOT drive letter - defaulting to SYSTEM drive letter
[E]: ProcessInputs : … ending(pCBS_DRSaveConfig failed) : uiRc = 1073770514
[E]: wmain : ProcessInputs failed : uiRc = 0x40007012
[E]: exitMessage : Unable to save the configuration : code = 0x40007012
[I]: GetProductType : sVersion = “7.2.2”
[I]: GetProductType : sFolder = “Cristie TBMR”
[I]: GetProductType : sProductGuid = “{B726EBBB-99C1-4173-9330-ECEEF7A8B832}”

What can I do ?

Hi Jason

Thanks for the message. Error 7012 normally relates to permissions, please make sure tbmrcfg is running under an administrator account. If you get the error when using the TSM preschedule try opening a cmd prompt as admin and manually run tbmrcfg from ‘c:\program files\crtiste\tbmr’. If this runs successfully it is probably premissions with the TSM Scheduler server, set this to run as ‘administrator’.

To confirm the error I would need to see increased tracing and all the log files from c:\program files\crtiste\tbmr\logfiles

To increase tracing process both steps in the KB here http://kb.cristie.com/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=104
Manually run tbmrcfg from an admin cmd prompt
email all log files to support@cristie.com

kind regards
Geoff

To

I had used administrator to run tbmrcfg, but we get the same error.
The server is one of the clustered server.
Do i need to change any setup information for windows cluster server ?

Thank you for sending in the log files via email. I will troubleshoot for you now.

Regarding Clusterd environments.

We treat each OS independently in a clustered environment.
A full response would depend on the underlying Operating System and how the cluster is implemented - - for example, is the Cluster maintained using an external Quorum disk, node majority, or some other method? Another consideration is what are the restore requirements - for example - are shared cluster resources and/or Databases protected separately?

The recovery process is the same for clustered and non-clustered servers but recovery option can be tailored depending on desired outcome. In general terms, xBMR can be used to recover the whole server with the option to perform a selective recovery - for example, to only recover the O/S volume. Any cluster resources on shared storage can optionally be excluded from the client backup and protected separately. A quorum disk is a special case and not normally included in backup operations.

On recovery of a single node in a cluster - assuming other elements of the cluster are still operational - then the failed server node would be recovered back to its original location and state. In the event of recovery of the whole environment to a DR site then each node would have to be recovered in turn and then reconnect to the shared storage.