I am pleased to announce that TBMR 8.2.2 for Windows has been released.
The headline features for this release are:
- Now supports IBM Spectrum Protect clients in the range version 6.3.1 to 184.108.40.206 inclusive. This version of the client is now included in both the Windows PE5 and Windows PE10 DR environments. Server versions supported are 6.3.1 to 220.127.116.11.
- The recovery ISO now contains only one Spectrum Protect client, hence the “Use latest client” option has been removed.
- The hard-link scan will be skipped for certain (tested) Spectrum Protect BA Client versions. This will significantly speed up the “save configuration” phase (i.e. the run of TBMRCfg), making installs quicker as well.
- In the DR restore wizard the Volume and File system layout screens now use larger icons. These are designed to be more distinct to those with poor vision or colourblindness.
- There is a new option in the DR target disk layout screen called “Disk Information”. This gives more detail regarding the detected disks.
- The suite installer now includes the Windows PE10 based CRISP fileset for creating Recovery Environments specifically for Windows 10 and 2016. Note the fileset will only be installed if the correct version of the Microsoft WADK 10 version 1703 ‘Creator’s Update’ is installed on the host.
- Added the ability to configure network routing during a DR sequence. Also added shortcuts for this and general network configuration to the main DR environment desktop.
- The ability to create a Windows PE2 32-bit based DR environment is no longer available. Please use either Windows PE5 or Windows PE10 based DR environment for recoveries.
- 32-bit versions of Windows OS’s are no longer supported by TBMR.
- Now supports the Cristie Virtual Appliance (VA) version 2.2.
- The product is supplied with a new version of CRISP 8.2.3.
- Documentation updated for this release
This TBMR version is available to licensed customers via the Cristie FTP site.