I am pleased to announce that ABMR 8.1.1 for Windows has been released.
The headline features for this release are:
- Added support for Avamar 7.3 and 7.4 clients and servers.
- Added support for Windows 2016 server in conjunction with a new WinPE10 based DR environment. The PE10 environment is required for dissimilar hardware support in Windows 2016, otherwise the standard WinPE 5 DR environment may be used. The CRISP WinPE 10 fileset is a separate download and is currently in Beta form at the moment.
- A significant improvement has been made to the performance of retrieving the configuration from the backup during DR. This improvement is particularly noticeable during point-in-time recoveries.
- The suite installer now ensures no other conflicting Cristie BMR products are installed. If any are found the installer aborts the installation process.
- The Microsoft VC++ 2015 redistributable has been changed to the update 3 version.
- The Microsoft Universal C Run Time (UCRT) KB2999226 update has now been removed. It is no longer required.
- Updated the Intel Pro range of NIC drivers in the WinPE 5 DR environment.
- Added the Cisco UCS VIC NIC driver as used in the Cisco B200-M4 blade.
- The product is supplied with new versions of CRISP 8.2.1 and CDS 4.7.4.
- Documentation updated for this release.
This ABMR version is available to licensed customers via the Cristie FTP site.